Sep 20 - 29, 2018
From space launch facilities to ancient ruins. And a boat.
Step aboard the fancy-pants Carnival Magic and enter a world full of endless oceans, dazzling skies, and bountiful buffets. Paul Sutter and Fraser Cain are leading this 7-night cruise of the Caribbean, visiting Mayan ruins along the way and taking every chance we can to soak in the gorgeous stars above. Plus we'll start the trip off in style with an optional tour of the Kennedy Space Center. Score.
Here's the itinerary:
- Thursday Sep 20: Arrive in Port Canaveral (optional)
- Friday Sep 21: Kennedy Space Center Tour (optional)
- Saturday Sep 22: Cruise departs
- Sunday Sep 23: At sea
- Monday Sep 24: Costa Maya, Mexico
- Tuesday Sep 25: Mahogany Bay, Roatan Island, Honduras
- Wednesday Sep 26: Belize City, Belize
- Thursday Sep 27: Cozumel, Mexico
- Friday, Sep 28: At sea
- Saturday, Sep 29: Cruise returns
And here's why you really want to go:
- Stargazing every night with Paul Sutter and Fraser Cain
- Special talks, demos, and presentations by Paul and Fraser during at-sea days
- A live taping of Paul's "Ask a Spaceman!" show
- A live taping of Fraser's "Guide to Space" show
- Exploration of Mayan ruins with Paul and Fraser
- Basically you get to go on vacation with Paul and Fraser and ask us all sorts of science questions nonstop
The cruise departs from Port Canaveral, Florida, and you know what that means...alligators! Yes, and the Kennedy Space Center! We've set up an optional two-night stay at the Best Western Cocoa Beach before the cruise departs. You have a few options here: you can park and stay at the hotel, you can fly into Orlando and the hotel will pick you up, and/or you can come to the Kennedy Space Center with us, where you'll touch a moon rock, talk to (but not touch) an astronaut, and check out (but not touch) the Space Shuttle Atlantis.
We designed this trip to be as flexible as possible with many budgets in mind, so you get to choose room types, shore excursions, the tour, and more. The cheapest option is only $975/person, but space is limited! To reserve your spot you need to make a deposit of just $250/person by April 1st, 2018.
To make a reservation or request a quote, submit the form below and our travel agent will get back to you ASAP. Or if you're in a hurry you can contact the agency directly at 740.407.2157.
Travel agency support provided by Mermaid Travel.