Feb 6 - 12, 2018
Science. Auroras. Geysers. A continental rift. Waterfalls. Vistas. More science. Let's do this.
We're going on a trip to Iceland together, and we're totally going to geek out while doing it. We'll spend six amazing days doing all sorts of cool stuff:
- Hunt for the Northern Lights on three separate nights*, including a boat trip in the bay outside Reykjavik
- Explore the geothermal fields of Geysir and Strokkur
- Check out the huge Gullfoss waterfall
- Hang around the cool town of Vik on the southern coast
- Take a dip in the Blue Lagoon
- Explore Thingvellir Park's rift valley
- So much more I can't even fit it all on this list
Bonus: you get to hang out with me and Fraser Cain of Universe Today the whole time! We'll entertain you with talks on everything from the astrophysics of the aurora to the geophysics of the geysers and rift valley. PLUS we'll be on all the tours and at all the meals to personally answer your burning questions about space and time!
The tour costs around $3,699 (depending on your exact departure city) and includes:
- Roundtrip airfare to Iceland
- All transportation in Iceland
- All tours and excursions
- All entrance fees
- All breakfasts and dinners
- A live taping of Paul's "Ask a Spaceman!" podcast
- A live taping of Fraser's "Guide to Space" youtube series
- Fraser Cain!
This price assumes double occupancy. If you want to trek solo, you'll need to add $500.
Space is limited! To reserve your spot you need to make a $500 deposit by August 8th, 2017.
To make a reservation or request a quote, submit the form below and our travel agent will get back to you ASAP. Or if you're in a hurry you can contact the agency directly at 740.407.2157.
*You and I both know that we can't control the weather (yet). We may end up just staring at the clouds all night. That's fine, because we'll be together, talking science.